Skip to the content Home .:. About .:. Biography
Name Mehmet Scholl
Gender Male
Ethnic German
  Turkish
Job German Footballer
Desc Scholl (born Yuksel) was a brilliantly gifted midfielder, winning Euro ‘96 for Germany and a host of trophies with Bayern

Affiliation

Org Germany National Team
Club as Player Bayern Munich

2014 02 15 Retrieve

[Mehmet Scholl on Toni Kroos’ contract negotiations] I don’t think it’s wise for Toni to play poker too much with Bayern. His current wages are enough for him to have hot food on the table twice a day!

2017 02 08 Retrieve

[Mehmet Scholl on Philipp Lahm] It is very sad news for me as a football fan. Philipp has been an amazing player for 70 per cent of his career and he was world class for the remaining 30 per cent. He is right up there with Franz Beckenbauer, Gerd Muller and Lothar Matthaus. He is an all-time German great. I can understand his decision from a human point of view. He also made the right decision to retire from international after the 2014 World Cup. He knows his body better than anyone

2020 02 07 Retrieve

[Mehmet Scholl says Bayern Munich star Joshua Kimmich has been branded the Greta Thunberg of German football] I remembered Joshua Kimmich after all the statements and interviews and everything, that was a bit much for me. I thought about it: he is the Greta Thunberg of German football

[Asked what climate is Kimmich saving] No, he is the one who believes that at the age of 24 he has to put his finger permanently in the wound, which I find difficult to handle. He is not yet mature enough for that. He should be built up as a leading player, yes, and he is heading in that direction. The performances fit reasonably with that. But where does it lead? He’s not yet a Bastian Schweinsteiger